Friday, January 06, 2012

The Time Is Now Ripe For Me To Ascend


Submitted by longtime reader Eli, with a link to a blog that posted this before:


This one was "sent"


December 16, 2008
Jerry MacArthur Hultin
President, Polytechnic Institute of New York

Dear Pres. Hultin:

I am writing to inform you that I have decided to offer myself for consideration for the Chaired Professorship in Physics and Chemistry at your distinguished institution. As you are no doubt aware, my father, Benjamin Post (1911-1994), held this position for many years (when the institution was known as "Brooklyn Polytechnic," or more familiarly, "Brooklyn Poly") and was an important part of the x-ray crystallography unit that helped establish Poly's pre-eminence in that field. Though I have chosen a different career path up to this point, I believe that, for many reasons I would be happy to discuss with you in person, the time is now ripe for me to ascend to the position that has been waiting for me, and I for it, all these years. I look forward to working with you and your colleagues as we embark down this new road together.

Sincerely yours,
David G. Post

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very funny. In fairness, the original post was also a tongue in cheek commentary on children following in the footsteps of their parents despite having no qualifications for the position. This was posted during the period when Caroline Kennedy was being considered for a Senate appointment. I just had to do some reading to make sure that it wasn't serious.

jb said...

Perhaps he thinks he's in North Korea.

Anonymous said...

...or in Italy
http://tinyurl.com/d39zfhl

Optixmom said...

When something is ripe, doesn't it descend?

jb said...

Good point, Optixmom.